Friday, January 29, 2021

January 28 My Kaity-Girl

Thursday:  One thing that I am always pretty certain about when Kaity comes over is that it will be ... PHYSICAL. This is my foosball table--it's not official sized--but it's handy inthat it fits underneath my bed when not in use AND I can pick it up and carry it wherever we want to play. Kaity LOVES to play foosball ... Kaity loves any physical activity!

Kaity is a pretty intense foosball player! We get to hootin' and hollerin' over here as we play--serious stuff! I'm trying to curb Kaity's propensity to change the game rules when it suits her ... but this is a process ... a little bit at a time you see. She does NOT like to lose at any game, not matter what! But I do beat her at foosball--not always--but enough to where it is healthy for her to learn how to lose without throwing a fit. She's working on it. Me too.

We have a lot of fun when we play foosball ... we really yuck it up quite a lot and laugh and laugh!
Here is one of Kaity's "new" dolls. She is a Baby Alive doll and her official store name is "Astrid." Kaity likes that name and I do too! We played quite a few games of foosball tonight with Astrid watching from the best seat in the house. We also played quite a few games of "Sleeping Queens" which continues to be a real favorite with Kaity. She is even getting better at doing the (very simple) math equations--but this is good for her too.
Kaity had a one-time-only 7:30 swim lesson tonight in her new Glider 3 class. She did amazing ... no kidding either. I watch her very closely--she knows this too--and she is SO pleased to see me watching her every success. We have all kinds of hand signals that we offer each other through the glass. Kaity listens and follows instruction very well. 


Tonight, Kaity learned the back stroke. She was told to extend her arms straight back while holding her shoulders up ... the kids practice while sitting on the side before they actually do it in the water.

Kaity did a really really beautiful back stroke, two widths of the pool tonight. I was watching the instructor as she moved alongside Kaity. The instructor gave Kaity a giant high-five and commended her.
You are a natural, Kaity-Girl! I'm so glad you are swimming. Thanks, Lord, for the extra money to finance this for Kaity.
 

No comments: