Monday, January 4, 2021

January 2 A crazy snowman and fun games

Saturday:  What should I do with Kaity-Girl today? That's what I kept asking myself as I went through the morning getting ready for her. It's been months and months now since we've been able to visit a library or museum ... COVID is starting to drive all of us a little bit stir-crazy. Thankfully (thank YOU, Lord), we had a fresh and very WET snowfall earlier in the day--not more than a few inches, but very nice packing snow. When I picked Kaity up at 3:00, she had evidently just taken a shower because her hair was wet. But I immediately wanted to build a snowman with Kaity. I knew she would enjoy it--but her hair had to dry first. We came on over to my little house and I told Kaity we would build a snowman as soon as her hair dried. She doesn't tolerate blow-dryers, so we would just have to let the AIR in my house do its job.

I taught Kaity how to play Crazy-8's. We had already played two UNO games and then I asked if she wanted to learn how to play a new game. Kaity is really really enjoying card games lately. Whew! A fun thing we can do together without having to GO anywhere! We played quite a few rounds of Crazy-8's with Kaity SO enjoying it. I was very thankful for this.

Finally, Kaity's hair was dry enough to bundle up and go outside on our snowman adventure. But what would we use for its eyes, nose, and mouth?

Kaity thought cucumbers would make perfect eyes! I decided that while we were cutting up a perfectly good cucumber, it might as well serve TWO purposes--so we fashioned a nose out of part of it. But what about a mouth? If you know Kaity, you will realize she was already out the door and in the middle of gathering snow. I simply grabbed a banana (yes ... a BANANA) from the counter and followed her out the door.
We got our shovels out, put on our warmest gloves, and started work! We found a stocking hat in the back of my car, as well as a jump rope, which made for dandy arms--it started out being a scarf, but the rope was too skinny and we thought it looked more like arms.
I asked Kaity to pose by her creation, and she was very happy to comply. I love these pictures of Kaity.
Kaity also made a bunch of snow angels by the side of my house.





And then I decided the banana mouth was just TOO weird and removed it. Kaity disagreed, but allowed me the liberty of taking it off. We then proceeded to play hide 'n seek with the banana in the snow. Kaity loves to play hide 'n seek.







We also made a bunch of snowballs and used them for target practice against the large tree on the side of my house. We got pretty good at hitting it too! But then I was TOO COLD to remain outdoors any longer and lured Kaity in with the promise of HOT CHOCOLATE.







After hot chocolate, I taught Kaity how to play Klutz football (not pictured), which we played for a full 20 minutes with Kaity perfecting the flick of her finger with touchdowns at every single attempt!

We also played basketball with a ping pong ball (masquerading as a basketball) and a tiny metal bucket that I had in the playroom. I have three more back there and haven't the faintest idea where I got them from!

Kaity and I played this game by bouncing the ping-pong ball towards the little bucket, attempting for it to go INTO the bucket. Kaity actually accomplished this 3 separate times! I was only able to do it twice.

We also played "hallway" ping-pong for quite awhile. Kaity is a real physical child--she loves to use her body and she plays hard! She absolutely wore me out, but ... such good memories we made!

No comments: