Monday, May 10, 2021

May 10 Mystery solved!

Monday morning:  This grave marker thing was really a vexation to me! I couldn't wait until I could call over to Heritage and find out what on earth was going on.

I talked with Lee, the same gentleman who helped us with mom's funeral. He has a great memory and confirmed what I thought about the location of mom's grave. I told him there is NO marker there! He got into his files (after letting me go and then calling me back) and stated that there was a "design" for a marker, but it didn't look like anything had gone ahead with it! What?!?


 I decided to call my brother, David--not my step-brother David, but my BROTHER brother David. I was hoping not to interrupt his work day with Speedy Legal with a phone call. I was very thankful that we were able to talk without any of his work calls coming through. My brother David is a very organized person and ... would you believe? He actually pulled up an e-mail from way back on June 15, 2018 detailing the design of the marker for mom, the quoted price, and the fact that I had come in and paid for it IN FULL! Yay!

I called Lee back, forwarded him the e-mail from my brother with all of that information, and now Lee is going to follow-up with what on earth happened to our paid-for marker for mom. Whew! I'm SO glad to know that I haven't lost my mind ... I KNOW I was in the right place in the cemetary! I must have walked over her body more than a dozen times yesterday! My brother forwarded me a copy of the design for mom's marker. Interestingly, she chose the same verses that are on Cookie's marker (with his first wife, Lorraine). I need to look these verses up:

I Thessalonians 4.13-18:  "Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him." (on Cookie's marker, it just has verses 13 and 14 ... but mom included the next three verses as well). "According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words."

It is a beautiful passage, isn't it? I have always gotten goose bumps about "being caught up together ... in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." I can't read it without tingling. Could you please come soon, Lord Jesus?

No comments: