Monday, May 10, 2021

May 10 Only God ...

Monday afternoon:  I had a few errands to run this afternoon and ended up driving out to Rockford to go to Aunt Candie's Toy Company to pick out some gifts for baby Callaghan's #1 birthday this weekend. Since I was right here and the day was so dazzlingly beautiful ... I snapped a few pictures along the Rogue and near the Dam.

There were lots and lots of newborn goslings running about ...



The picture below reminds me of one of those "pastoral" paintings from Europe in the mid-1800's ...
I counted 20 baby goslings in this small area with perhaps their two parents ... but TWENTY babies seems like a lot for two parents to handle! Perhaps some of these goslings were abandoned by other geese?


This is such a beautiful spot, isn't it? All four seasons just amaze me out here.




I happened to see this swan way out in the distance ...

It absolutely REFUSED to come closer ... so I zoomed in ... and this was the best I could do.


This is their nest--apparently--because I had walked further onto the walkway and turned back only to see the swan I had been photographing returning to this swan in the brush ...

Some lovely white coral bells ...
Only God can create beauty like this ... and change it up every few months to be an entirely different kind of beauty altogether!

It's difficult for me to pick a favorite photo today ... I was rather swept away by all of the new life and vibrant GREEN ...



The flowered trees! I fall in love with them every year.

I'm so glad I drove out here today. I was able to pick out some cute things for Callaghan's birthday at Aunt Candie's place. While I was there, I was looking through some vintage Fischer Price toys and heard a gentleman mutter that he had this very toy when he was young. I glanced up and recognized the face! John Powell! I had not laid eyes on him since the Christmas of 1981 -- amost 40 years ago. Wow. I was in John and Mary Lou's wedding back in 1976. I took Jesse and Shane out to Las Cruces to spend a few weeks respite back when they were babies. John is now a retired pastor, still living in Las Cruces. MaryLou went home to be with the Lord six years ago and John has re-married (and I was introduced to her today). What a blast from the past ...
I also stopped by the Post Office to enquire about lost passports (for Emma). I wasn't able to get my questions answered, but I was given some advice as to how to find out the information I am looking for. I need to follow-up on this with Emma.

No comments: