Wednesday, May 26, 2021

May 22-23 A rather funky weekend

Saturday/Sunday:  Perhaps it was just an "abnormal" few days ... but I felt rather thrown off (!!) and had difficulty getting my bearings back. I'm whining--I know!

First of all, Kaity did NOT come over Saturday afternoon--which is a completely RARE occurrence. I was planning on taking her to Versluis Park to swim all afternoon and had gotten everything ready to do that. She had been looking forward to it too. She wants to show me ALL of her swim strokes, as well as to INSTRUCT me as to how to be a better swimmer. 

Sigh.

But Saturday, late morning, I received word that Kaity would be out of town for the day ... so our time was cancelled. I wouldn't be picking Emma up until about 7PM--which is our usual time. What would I do with my whole day?

I decided to work on my rocks! In order to do that, I had to have a happy place to lodge Matey-Bird so that he would not get his little feet or beak in paint or gloss or ink ... my front porch is a wonderful place for Matey! He sings out there to all of the other birds and my wind chimes play pretty music for him. He sings prettier songs outside than he ever does inside! Yay.

Did I make ANY progress on my rocks? No.

I won't even show you all of the messed up lettering (I practiced on paper) or designs. I seem to have lost every single bit of whatever tiny fragment of creativity I was given once-upon-a-time. I am NOT giving up though! Somehow--there has to be a way to make these rocks cry out praises to the Lord! I just had NO idea how difficult it was going to be for me to accomplish it! I'll keep working on it ...

I picked Emma up at our usual time. Friday, Emma spent the whole day at Cedar Pointe with her senior class. They didn't get home until super late--this is the second weekend in a row that Emma has had a very full schedule. We came here and TRIED to watch a movie ... but it bombed with Emma. She did give it a 30-minute trial though ... and I admit it was a SLOW moving story and every character IN it was quirky--but I had seen it a few days ago and liked those quirky people and I loved the story. "The Beautiful Fantastic" was definitely NOT Emma's thing this weekend. We retired early and I felt heavy-hearted. I knew Emma was tired from her weekend--perhaps Sunday would be a better day.

We did attend Calvary Sunday morning and enjoyed a good time of worship. We came home, ate lunch, and Emma fell asleep for the next ... almost FOUR hours! When she woke up, we got on YouTube and watched a bunch of videos that showed all of the roller coasters at Cedar Pointe--many of which Emma and her friends had ridden! Crazy, high, FAST, looping, upside-down, terrifying coasters! It was very fun to see this with her and hear of her bravery and all about her time at Cedar Pointe. 

Also, thankfully, Emma helped me to decide what to get her for graduation! Since she is graduating Tuesday night and going to the all-night mystery event afterwards--where phones are forbidden--she needed a camera! We decided this at 7PM, only to find that Best Buy CLOSES at 7PM. So we very reluctantly (VERY) went to WalMart and picked up a digital camera, case, batteries, and we had hoped to purchase an SD card too--but WalMart was OUT of those. I did purchase one the next day, though, and Emma is now all set for her mystery trip. This was a GOOD ending to this rather "funky" weekend.

No comments: