Friday, May 7, 2021

May 6 Swimming and Games

Thursday:  When I picked Kaity up from Jesse Thursday afternoon, she was in a little bit of a "funk" and it was an awkward first hour or so together. Her swimming lessons now begin at 5:30, way across town. On a nice weather day, we would just head across town early enough to play at a playground until her lesson time, but it was COLD and drizzling--so we stayed at Jesse's until time to go.

I think Kaity's situation of going back and forth between her mom and dad's place is very difficult for her--it would be for any child! It has been several confusing and sad years with the divorce pending, and then Jesse leaving and Emma leaving, Di's new boyfriend, COVID (and everything that goes with that)--it is no wonder that at times Kaity feels confused or "needy". We played two games of "Counting Queens" before leaving for swim class. Her Pro-1 class is going very nicely. Kaity is learning a lot of new stuff--I'm so glad! She is a very physically astute little person, but some of these new strokes are really difficult!

I watch Kaity, though, every minute during this class. What I notice about her is that she is attentive, follows instructions, keeps trying, and is a fast learner. Her instructor is impressed with her too and gives her lots of "High-fives." 
We only have three more lessons in the month of May, and then we are going to take the summer off--hopefully, we will resume in the fall--if Kaity is still interested. I'm really proud of the work she has done, the challenges she has met, and the good cooperation she has shown. Good job, Kaity-Girl!
After her lesson, we drove back to my house ... once there, Kaity seemed to "warm up" a bit more and just play like she usually does. Something is troubling her heart, though, and I can sense it and my heart is sad for her. We played quite a few rounds of "Riddle Moo This!" (from our Resource pack at the library) and had a lot of fun laughing together. I looked this game up on Amazon and I COULD purchase it for $18.95, which I might do!
Kaity brought her stuffed cat, Blueberry, to play with us. Blueberry, Sweetie-Pie, and Paco all played the riddle game with us. I was the reader, although sometimes Kaity would grab the card and do the reading! Yes! She is really improving with her reading, which is wonderful!







We really didn't do much else tonight, other than eat our dinner and play this game. I love this dear granddaughter and I wish I could remove the confusion and sadness from her. I know I can and must trust the Lord for her life--so I am asking that He will open her eyes so that she can see Him, know Him, receive His salvation, and grow in her faith. The Lord loves her so much more than I do.

No comments: