Wednesday, May 26, 2021

May 25 The Littles at Dwight Lydell Park

Tuesday:  On the way to my house Tuesday morning, we stopped over at the newly completed "playground" at Dwight Lydell Park. I have playground in quotes because I'm really not quite sure WHAT it is at this point! It's quite odd, actually, that if they were going to re-do this entire acreage and get rid of the rather nice play equipment that was on the opposite side of the park, they would replace it with equally nice stuff--right? It's not that this isn't nice ... it's just that there really isn't very much of it! It's new, for sure ... but even this little maze area doesn't off a lot of variety of play! There are some cool things here--but I was hoping for MORE than this I guess.

However, these little folk charged ahead and played very nicely for about ... TEN minutes! That's really all the time that we could give it. You see, this climbing apparatus really wasn't suited for Erin or Aidan. Brendan did very well with it, for sure--he climbed up to the top in a split second! But the littler kids couldn't even reach the ropes to get started. Perhaps that is intentional by the designer. I guess you wouldn't want TOO little of kids climbing TOO high on this thing.


I love these few pictures of Brendan. He has the most beautiful little heart ...
And THESE two ... they are something else entirely.

And isn't this the strangest slide?!?

Brendan thought it was strange too!



Erin was super into swinging. She likes to go REALLY high!







We actually spent more time down at the creek--Mill Creek to be exact. It runs through the park and USED to be surrounded by trees and hidden paths ... until the builders came and took ALL (well--almost all) the trees down! They claim they are allowing Mill Creek to "reclaim" the land ...

Anyway, there is a long-standing bridge over the creek where it is fun to play ... all kinds of rocks to throw in the creek and see who can make the most interesting "plunks", "spashes" and other assorted noises.







Look at this cute little snail that someone painted on this rock and put underneath the bridge! WHY on earth can't I just create little rocks like THIS for my rock garden? Sigh. I don't think I have it IN me!



Our visit to Dwight Lydell Park was very worthwhile. The children were happy. I was happy too! And it delayed our time being INSIDE at my house by almost an hour!

No comments: