Friday, May 21, 2021

May 20 A bunch of fun stuff with KT

Thursday:  Before Kaity's 5:30 swim lesson tonight, we went to Cascade Township Park to swing for a little while and also to ROCK HUNT. Since I am hoping (a LOT) to do some rock painting, it never hurts to have extra rocks! So Kaity helped lug a few rocks to my car after she was finished swinging.

This is Kaity's second to the last swim lesson until fall. She is in the Pro1 class and it is REALLY difficult--well--the dolphin kick is the thing that is really baffling most of the students! You have to use your entire body for this stroke and it is super tricky! Kaity told me afterwards that she is NEVER going to get that stroke! I told her that was nosense (of course).



I love to watch Kaity swim. She is so smooth and confident. Her free stroke is excellent AND her back stroke. She also improved hugely on her frog kick tonight--which she was very pleased about.


I love you, Kaity-Girl! When you put your heart and soul into something, you really go far! I am super proud of you!
After swim class, we went back to my house for an hour to play and to eat. We TRIED to complete a game of Battleship but it was a bit too sedentary for our very active Kaity. However, it was her idea--so we gave it a shot.

The neatest thing that happened during our time together is pictured below ... Kaity loves the Pigeon books by Mo Willems. I had checked out "The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog" from the library this week. When Kaity saw it laying on the couch, she shrieked with delight, ran over to it, grabbed Blueberry (her stuffed animal) and read the story to him ... TWO TIMES! She laughed just as hard the second time she read it as the first!


The illustrations are ... SO basic ... SO simple ... but SO amazing. How Mr. Willems gets the facial expressions on this pigeon with just a few lines really kills me. 

What a nice time with Kaity tonight! I love you so much, Kaity! So much fun to be your grandma!
 

No comments: