Monday, May 17, 2021

May 16 Emma's trip, our time, and Emma's gift

Sunday:  Emma's high school trip to Mackinac Island was Saturday. They transported the students via a charter tour bus from the school to Mackinac City--the bus left at 4AM Saturday morning. Thankfully, Emma had a shorter work week and so instead of working until 12:30 AM on her Friday shift, she was home several hours earlier. She decided to spend the night with me Saturday night, even though she would not be arriving here until nearly midnight. I left the porch light on for her, moved my car forward in my driveway to make room for hers, got the couch all made up for her ahead of time, and ... she showed up at just about 11:40 PM. Needless to say, she was super tired. 

Emma slept in Sunday morning. I worshiped via the LiveFeed service at Calvary. We ate a good lunch together, edited some pictures, talked about Emma's trip--she had taken a bunch of pictures with three of her closest friends that she was able to show me. I am so glad she was able to go and that she had such a nice time.

Since we almost ALWAYS take a walk on Sunday afternoons ... I talked Emma into just staying in my neighborhood (kind of) to do our hike. We walked exactly two miles total. We crossed Cannonsburg on Chauncey Avenue and walked along the pretty houses and fields all the way to Imperial Dam. It's such a lovely spot.


When we returned from our walk, it was nearing 5:00. We ate a healthy salad for dinner and then tried to find a movie to watch. We ended up watching "The Upside." We had seen a preview for it, which was very funny and decided to take the chance and see the movie. We watched it through Amazon Prime. I liked the story SO much. It was based on a true story--I always like that kind. It did have a handful of NOT good things in it--such as occasional language, sexual content and a bit of weed smoking--and I know those things are pretty negative, so normally I wouldn't "like" a movie that had a bunch of that stuff in it. But this story was just SO interesting, funny, well portrayed ... and really worth watching. 

Also ... look what Emma got for me up in Mackinac! She bought me a pretty locket! She said she thought it was a typewriter key, and she might be correct about that--but I think it looks more like a porthole. It does have my letter "C" on it--so maybe it IS supposed to be a typewriter key ... I'm not sure, but what I AM sure about is how much I love it.

I went out today and purchased a 24" chain for it so that I can wear it beneath my sailboat. I put a very recent picture of Emma inside ... I LOVE this locket.

This is the picture of Emma I put inside the locket ... thank you, dear granddaughter. I think I will wear this always close to my heart.
 

No comments: