Wednesday, May 12, 2021

May 11 These little children

Tuesday:  Erin in Aidan's hat ... these pictures kill me. SHE kills me.


We played and played all day long today ... it was a really nice time with these dear grandchildren. I love them so much.
Brendan was really super focused today on MINECRAFT and all things related to MINECRAFT. I found that there was really no diverting him from the subject--I did attempt--but every conversation always came back to MINECRAFT. So thankfully, I had a few LEGO catalogs that Brendan poured over most of the day, looking and planning and making lists (!!) ... I also let Brendan watch some Youtube how-to videos about building with Minecraft.
This little stinker came over today wearing official underwear ... I believe they were decorated with Peekachoo and other cute faces ... 
Little Erin played with all of my games. She especially likes finding matches, which is really good for her! She isn't quite three yet, but she really enjoys playing games and being part of them.
We built with everything available at my house today. We get a LOT of use out of my Magna-tile (imitations) and Magna-Cubes. Hours and hours of fun stuff with these toys. I'm so thankful for them!
These TWO darlings could pass for twins ... they are just about the same size, have the same curly hair and full faces ... 
Erin was busy creating stuff with the magnet toys and kept making little items for me personally ... she would say: "I made this for you, gwamma" and then present it to me with a smile. I was hoping to get one of her really sweet smiles in the picture below, but instead she made this hilarious face ...
Here is a "twuck/car" Erin made for me ...

Aidan and I built a train layout ... he had it all planned out in his head, but said he needed help with getting the tracks to fit right.

This face (below) ...
Erin loves music--well, all of the children do ... but I noticed today how much she enjoys singing along with the children's music that I play in the car as we drive to and from her house. She has a nice strong voice and remembers the words really well. I have a lot of fun music, some about Jesus, some just about animals and rhymes, etc.



Erin super LOVES this snow globe music box. She will point to it and ask me to wind it up for her--which is very sweet, since she would love to just play with this endlessly by herself. I'm a little cautious with letting her do that because I would feel sad if it should drop and break.



Mr. Aidan succeeded in using the potty at my house FOUR times today! This was a huge improvement, seeing that he has NEVER used the potty at my house even once! We only had one accident, which he was super sad about, but thankfully, Kelly packed extra clothes and a nifty pair of dinosaur underwear for Aidan to change into. What a nice day. How wonderful to be a grandma.

No comments: