Monday, May 31, 2021

May 29/30 With my Emma

Saturday/Sunday:  I was late picking Emma up tonight. Kaity and I got playing and lost track of time--before we knew it, it was past 8PM! I hadn't talked to Emma since the night she graduated and I wanted to hear all about the "mystery" overnight trip the seniors were treated to following the graduation ceremony. 

They took the senior class to the Double J Ranch (Grand Ledge--just this side of Lansing). I took this picture off the internet--it looks like a very fun place! Emma said there was mini-golfing, other games, a great water park, etc. They spent about five hours there (in the middle of the night) and returned to the high school at about 6AM. As she told me all about it, I could tell she had a really good time. There was one bummer, though. The camera we purchased for her at Wal-Mart ... is kind of a DUD. It will have to be returned. I'm not much on returning things (hardly EVER), but this just has to go back from where it came!

Saturday night, after we had talked for awhile, Emma suggested that we watch a movie. I had a few choices picked out and asked her if she had done any "research" on movies during the week. Yay! She had quite a few ideas! We ended up watching "Get Smart". I can't remember when I laughed SO hard! I could hardly stand it. 

We worshiped at Calvary Sunday morning and were challenged to make Christ OUR LIFE. Pastor Tom was a real blessing with this teaching. I have lots of things to think over and felt truly challenged by what he had to say.

I was hoping that the afternoon would warm up--but alas, it did NOT. I talked Emma into going to Lake Michigan anyway. I told her we could just take a walk and then relax on the beach for a little while. It was a gorgeous day. It was very close to 70 degrees in Grand Rapids BUT when we drove out to the lake shore, the temperature was 10 degrees colder ... 59 degrees was as hot as it got! I'm still glad we went!

I truly thought there would be about 80,000 people here today ... but evidently people listened to the weather report and decided to stay home!

I love boats, don't you? Especially sail boats.



I'm glad I brought along jackets for Emma and I to bundle up in!

We did spread out our sheet, got out our towels and sunbathed for 45 minutes. There were a few other people here and there on the beach, but hardly anyone was in the water. I put my toes in and that was all!

What a beautiful day! What a delightful weekend. I'm super thankful for it!
 

No comments: