Wednesday, May 5, 2021

May 4 Special time with baby Cal

 Tuesday evening:  I dropped the older kiddos back to their house at about 5:45 and then I left to run a few errands before returning to "babysit" Callaghan while his parents were on a date. Dylan and Kelly were planning to have the older kids all tucked in by 8PM and then I could take care of Callaghan and get him tucked in while they were out.

Callaghan is a very sweet little guy. He is of a quieter nature than many babies ... and he has a delightful smile and way about him. He seemed very happy to be with me ... for the first hour or so. We played with a lot of his toys, built towers out of blocks, and read a few books. He has a super cute giggle and interacts very nicely with me.



After about an hour, he did start to get tired and a little bit needy for his folks. He kept looking for them and then crying--because they were NOWHERE to be found! I walked him for awhile, cuddled with him, rubbed his back, sang to him (I was desperate) ... and then I decided to just lay him in his little bed and take a 10-minute break. I prayed that he would fall asleep and stay that way! He did! When Dylan and Kelly returned from their date, Callaghan was sleeping soundly. I was glad to have this time with Callaghan because we got to be one-on-one ... and that really helps to stimulate relationship.

No comments: