Monday, May 3, 2021

May 2 Pere Marquette with Emma

Sunday:  Emma spent Saturday night with me ... but perhaps because I was too boring (!!), she fell asleep very early on the couch--before we had even gotten into our pj's or anything. I read a book for awhile as she slept and finally concluded that it would be best for us to just get ready and go to bed for the night. We did exactly that and got a lot of needed rest.

Sunday morning's service at Calvary was SO GOOD. We have begun a summer series into Paul's letter to the Philippians and will be studying it for the next fifteen weeks. Pastor Tom taught the best sermon I have ever heard him teach. Emma tracked with the message the entire time, taking notes too. The series is titled: The FIGHT for JOY. I'm really looking forward to it so much. 

After we got home and ate lunch, we decided we would drive over to the lake for our afternoon walk. However, I had completely underestimated how STRONG THE WIND was, as well as the drop in temperature by the lake--although typically it is about 10 degrees cooler there--today it was nearly 20 degrees colder ... and combined with the wind--well, we were COLD.

Lake Michigan was so beautiful I could hardly contain myself. Emma waded into the water a little bit and was nearly knocked off her feet by the wind surfer ... Emma and I both agreed that it would be very cool to learn how to do that--obviously I CANNOT due to being an old lady.


Isn't it completely beautiful?
Emma's hair was whipping around and getting knotted and tangled ... so she was not exactly pleased. I am too old to care about my hair! 
Look at the sun sparkling off the waves ...

The farther we walked along the breakwater, the more we were getting splashed by incoming waves ... I didn't even realize mty camera lens got a soaking until a few ruined pictures later ...

I love this place!


It was so kind of the Lord to give us this brief time today to enjoy His handiwork, soak in the sun, laugh together, and just breathe in the seaside ...

I tried to talk Emma into sitting down in the sand for awhile and staying longer, but she was not going to have it ... however, I had already made up my mind to drive the 10 minutes south of here and explore Kruse Park briefly (see next post).
 

No comments: