Sunday, May 16, 2021

May 15 Gregory Callaghan is ONE today!

Saturday:  This year zoomed by--in spite of COVID and nasty politics--and before I knew it, this darling little person had his first birthday. This first picture is of Aidan playing with some Callaghan's gifts from his folks, because Callaghan was out of the room at that time.

This cuddly little baby is right at the age where he LOVES to have his picture taken. He is fascinated with my camera and wants to see how it works!

Callaghan is a beautiful little boy ...
This next picture was taken just as I was asking Callaghan to look at me, but Dylan said something and he looked at Dylan instead ... this is the look of sweetness and love that Callaghan gave to his daddy.
THIS one (below) was for me ... he is a very cooperative little person!
The kiddos helped Cal open his gifts from me, which were not many, but I liked them and felt he would too.

He got two cute vehicles with toy people that come in and out--one is a rescue vehicle and I think the other one is a utility truck.
See him looking at me pointing my camera at him?
I got him the book "The Little House" because I have a copy of it here (not in board book fashion) and Brendan knows this story very well because I used to read it to him while he sat on the potty. Brendan was pretty happy to recognize it and told me he would read it to Callaghan.
Look at Callaghan's happy little face!
I also picked out a small wagon for him ... not ever thinking he could actually fit IN it, but he does. It's more of a pull-along kind of wagon for him to put his little toys in. 
Erin thought Cal's toys were pretty nice and proceeded to play with all of them--Aidan too.

We got ready for cake time ...
Kelly got a super moist chocolate cake from Cosco--it was SO yummy. Dylan lit Cal's ONE candle and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to him.
Cal was very pleased.



Dylan took Callaghan's shirt off before he started eating his cake.
He wasn't sure quite what to do with it at first.
Dylan got a fork and helped him out ... his first bite was a real hit ...
Look at this little cutie and Dylan ... so sweet.

This picture cracks me up ...


Finally, Callaghan tackled the cake himself and did quite a thorough job of eating every crumb.



What a sweet sweet baby Callaghan is! God creates in such marvelous ways. I look forward to spending more time with Callaghan ... I wonder what sort of kiddo he will grow to be? I love being his grandma.

No comments: