Friday, May 14, 2021

May 13 Three playgrounds (!!) and swimming

Thursday:  I was a little bit "nervous" about picking Kaity up today. Saturday I had gone over to Di's to pick her up at the usual time, but she declined to come! I don't believe in forcing grandchildren to play with their grandma (!!), so Kaity did not come over! I missed her and wondered if there was something amiss ... perhaps something I had done, without knowing it, to cause her to not want to come over. But I prayed about this and asked the Lord to please show me ... no answer came ... so I picked Kaity up as usual from Jesse. 

Kaity's swim lesson is not until 5:30 on the south side of town, about a 25 minute drive from Jesse's. We needed to "kill" a little time before showing up over at the swim school, so we decided to see how the new playground was progressing over at Dwight Lydell Park. We found that it is definitely coming along. We found where the swings will be ... and then this very odd slide ...
The slide is made out of cement!
There is this very interesting climbing apparatus too ... and also a climbing wall.
This park looks SO bare since they killed (!!) all of the trees on this side of Mill Creek. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what would justify downing all of the beautiful old trees with the cool pathways and beautiful foilage ... sigh. 

They have planted many "new" trees ... skinny little baby trees that will take YEARS to grow up ... but at least some day there will be beautiful trees here once again.


We still had about 20 minutes to use up before we went to Kaity's swim class, so we decided to drive over to Cascade Township Park since it is so close to Gold Fish. Traffic was very congested and by the time we arrived at the park, we had exactly EIGHT minutes before we would have to be back in the car heading over to the swim school. But we decided to go for it.

Kaity squeezed a lot of climbing, spinning and running into that eight minutes! Look at her!









Kaity did really well--we had set an alarm and when it was time to go ... she came with me willingly. We showed up to her class with one minute to spare! Kaity is in the Pro 1 class now and is learning some really difficult strokes. I looked up the names of these strokes a few weeks ago and I've already forgotten what they are called. She only has two more classes before we take a break for the summer months.

After swim class, we drove over to my little place and ate a nice dinner together. I ate some leftover french toast and Kaity requested her usual hotdog. However, there was enough french toast that she also ate a hefty bowl of that! Yay, Kaity. It's always a wonderful thing to watch my grandchildren eat well.


After we ate, Kaity requested we go to ANOTHER playground ... so I gave her two choices--since it was already 7:20: we could either go to her school playground, or we could go to the one off of 7 Mile with the woods behind it (I can't remember the name). The school playground is two minutes from Jesse's house, so Kaity requested we do that one. She also requested that Sweetie-Pie "Sharky" come along with us and enjoy some monkey bars and swings ...
Kaity cracks me up with this puppet. I can't decide which of them look happier in these two pictures! Ha!


Kaity loves these spinning chairs--yikes--I can't even WATCH her spin or my vertigo will be seriously triggered!

Kaity also told me about a bird's nest hidden underneath the roof of one of the playground towers ...
We could hear the baby birds chirping like crazy. I couldn't get close enough to actually SEE the babies ... but one of the parents was flying frantically nearby, so we kept our distance.
What a nice time with Kaity! I am filled with thankfulness for her and the fun we had together today.
 

No comments: