Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Adorable Matthew Owen!

TUESDAY: DAY TWO -- October 30, 2007 (PART I)

Ruthanne babysits Matthew on Tuesday mornings. Shelley teaches a college class in architecture, interior design and I think some basic CAD stuff -- so she needs someone to take care of Matthew while she is doing that. It works out really well because Ruthanne loves spending time with Matthew -- and this week I got to enjoy him too!
Shelley, all dressed for teaching class ...
Matthew and his adoring grandma ...
Matthew showed us all of his neat toys ...
he has a great train table and tons of Thomas trains --
look Mr. Jones!

Matthew cooked us a lovely meal of hamburgers,
cookies and ice cream cones ...

Then it was Air Show time --
Matthew has a cousin, Chris (on his daddy's side)
who is the P.R. person for the Blue Angels, so
he has had front-row seats at a couple of air shows ...

Here he is making very authentic train sounds:
"Chug-a-chug-a-choo-choo!"

He is a very engaging little person, very social
and extremely verbal for his young age ...
it's very fun to have a conversation with him.
Isn't he completely adorable?

He talks to all of his trains using interesting voices
and sets up "pretend" situations for all of them ...
(Look at his beautiful LONG eyelashes!)

Matthew is my sister's first and right now ONLY
grandchild -- so you can imagine how much
fun she and Terry are having spoiling him to pieces!

WHAT JOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so awed my the love of this little sweetie! There isn't anything in the world like it. I got called to babysit today because Matthew's aunt, who takes him on Thursdays was sick. I had so much fun reading to him while he cuddled on my lap. The Lord is so good!! Ruthanne

Emily said...

I guess your side likes traines too!