Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Trip to Detroit

MONDAY: DAY ONE -- October 29, 2007

I was talking to Aunt Ruthanne on the phone last week and we decided that since Terry was going to be out of town for a few days this week, it would be fun to spend some time together; so I drove down to Detroit to see her! We had gotten together at the end of June for our annual sister's weekend, but it had been a year since I had seen my niece, Shelley, and my grand-nephew, Matthew Owen -- I couldn't wait to see them!
Shelley, and Matthew Owen
(who just celebrated his 2nd birthday)
It was so much fun watching Ruthanne
playing with Matthew -- she is very good with little kiddos ...
and she is overwhelmed at the love of this
precious little boy!

Ruthanne made delicious chicken-noodle soup and we had wonderful crackers and breads with that for lunch; and then Shelley and Matthew went back to their house to that he could get a nap ... but we met all of them for dinner later on that night! We ate dinner at Boston's
This is Bob (Shelley's husband), who is a huge sports' fan ...

Bob coloring a picture for Matthew ...
Shelley and Matthew!

It was so good to see all of them again -- so wonderful to see how happy Shelley and Bob are -- so great to see my little grand-nephew. I have three other grand nephews whom I have never met! :( I guess that makes me a great-aunt, doesn't it? Doesn't that sound atrociously OLD!??

Tomorrow, Ruthanne and I get to babysit Matthew for awhile -- and then we are going to go and see the Fort Gratiot Light in Port Huron -- how fun!

2 comments:

Emily said...

He's a litte cutie!

Thursday said...

My mom is a great-aunt now, too. It sounds really weird. Neither of you can possibly be that old!