Saturday, October 20, 2007

What's Wrong with this Picture?

I'll tell you what's wrong with this picture!
There is only ONE rake!
(Grandpa was outside earlier, though,
and trimmed all of the hedges)
In years past, there were MANY rakes ...
small, children's-sized rakes ... see?
Chris and Ems (Fall 2005)
Emma, working hard just this past spring!

It's really no fun to rake a huge pile of leaves
without little kids to come running and jumping into it ...
no laughter, no sweet voices, no grandma's helpers,
no little ones fighting over which rake is THEIR rake ...
NO GRANDCHILDREN!!!

I know I am whining and moaning -- sigh --
I just miss everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI

The reason there is only one rake is that there are not enough leaves for a big pile of leaves or even two rakes.

Mom Jones said...

I beg to differ, sir! That entire bucket is full to the brim with leaves, and I would have MADE a big pile in the grass before loading them into the bucket, except the wind was blowing too hard and scattering them all over the place! Case closed. :)

Mom Jones said...

Explanation of the two previous comments ... Mr. Jones was using the laptop out in the dining room, and I was on my PC here in the office. So, he slyly commented on my blog, and then since I was on-line, I read his comment and commented back -- pathetic! We live in the SAME house and we are using a BLOG to communicate! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above comment....

Sabrina said...

We miss you too! And yes, Andrew and I sometimes communicate via e-mail too even when we are just upstairs and downstairs. I love the picture though- it totally says FALL to me. Keeping our fingers crossed for Christmas!