Tuesday, October 23, 2007

For those I love in Texas ... and beyond!

It was an hour before dinner tonight, so I quickly got on my walking shoes and told Mr. Jones I would be back in 45 minutes -- and then we would eat! I brought my camera with me, because you just never know when you might find something that HAD to be photographed. Good thing I did! I was walking my usual route, when I looked over and saw a small clearing, and then a very alluring pathway into the woods right along Scott Creek -- and as I walked, I was wishing that all of you there in Texas could see these autumn colors and walk this pathway with me ... so this is my gift to you tonight!

"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."
REVELATION 4:11
This one is especially for Sabrina and all her family.
How many times in the past weeks has Sabrina told
me how much she misses the fall in Michigan?
Well! Here is a carpet of gold for you!

And this one is for Diana and the little ones.
Emma, Christopher and Matthew wouldn't you love
to take this walk with me?!
And here is a beautiful shot for
Nicolas, Rachel, Nathan and Nia --
I know you like the heat down there in Houston,
and you have Kemah and Galveston Island (!);
but just in case you miss
the beauty of this scene ... this one's for you ...
And this one is for Jesse ...
I KNOW he isn't in Texas, but his heart is there --
and where he is, he doesn't see the beautiful autumn colors either ...
"Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
PSALM 46:10

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Aunt Carol! I LOVE Autumn! I wish it would go on and on and on.

Thank you so much for Matthew's card. You know how I love your cards. Matthew loved this one too. =) When it came in the mail he walked around with it in his little hands for more than an hour.

We are looking forward to seeing you next week!

Sabrina said...

Thank you for the pictures! I love them! I finally put out my fall decorations yesterday. It finally felt enough like fall to do it. maybe I'll post some pics after all the stress of today is over. Thank you for praying!

Mom Jones said...

You are welcome about the pictures, Sabrina. Let us know about what happens today, OK?

And Shelley! I love it when you leave a comment on my little blog! I'm glad Matthew liked my pathetic attempts to be creative ... :) Next week will be so much fun!