Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Birthday Greetings for Adam

It's Adam's birthday tomorrow, but I'm posting this late Wednesday night ... we found some pretty cute pictures of him and thought we (Mr. Jones and I) would share them with you. I'm going to have to guess on some of the ages Adam is in these pictures -- Sabrina would know for sure, but she happens to be too far away to consult ... perhaps she can make corrections in her comments, and then I can do a little editing after the fact ...
Mr. Jones says Adam was somewhere between 3 and 5
in this picture ... I think he must only be 3.
What an adorable face!
And Mr. Jones says this is 1986 or 1987
at the Cass Scenic Railway, Cass, W. Virginia --
that's Sabrina with him --
(oops! it turns out that this is Nick NOT Sabrina ...
all of them looked a lot alike when
they were really young)
pretty cute, you guys!

Adam dressed up for Festival of Lights.
He looks 5 or 6 in this picture ...
little shepherd boy.
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade school pictures ...
One of his graduation pictures (my favorite)
One of the really nice things about Adam
is that he likes little kids, and little kids like him ...
he would come over very often on Friday afternoons
when Emma and Chris were here --
and he helped out and played ...
Here they are making body traces with
sidewalk chalk -- looks like a crime scene ...
Playing trucks with the kiddos ...
At the park, talking through the mouthpiece
to one of the little kids on the other end ...
Having a good time with Emily!
Saying kind words about Mr. Jones
at his wedding rehearsal ...
Completely entertaining all of us
with his talent at jumping rope ...
Making a huge difference in the life of
one little girl -- he was the very best pitcher ever!

At the Mall of America in the LEGO Store
just a few weeks ago!

With Pixie ... Adam is really good with cats.

We send many warm wishes to you, Adam. You are missed around here! I miss your kind and patient computer instruction, all of your "free" computer parts, your willingness to help around here with most anything. You have a great day tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Adam

Sabrina said...

Yes, the first picture is somewhere around 3 or 4 either just after he started pre-K or just before. The Cass Scenic Railway is with NICK though, not me. I love that picture of the two of them too! The shepherd boy is 5 I believe. Happy Birthday Adam!

Emily said...

I thought it was Nick too but I wasn't going to comment on that...

Sabrina said...

I realize that my sense of style was way off as a kid but there is no way those are my shorts! :)

Mom Jones said...

Rats! I THOUGHT that was Nick, but with the hat and the outfit ... I told Mr. Jones that Nick would NEVER wear that pair of shorts -- he must have been too young to be aware of it ... I'll change it right now to say Nick, although he may not be too happy about it ...

Honez said...

Thanks for the nice Post Carol. That is for sure Nick, he didn't become stylish till the age of 10. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I thought that it was adam's birthday, but yet there is a debate about me and shorts???? and I'm not nearly as shy as the rest of the family...and I'd bet that I'm the most outgoing........but happy birthday adam....

Mom Jones said...

Sorry, Nick ... we got a bit diverted (because of my erroneous photojournaling) into the world of shorts and who would wear them, etc. You crack me up ... and you probably ARE the most outgoing of the three of you, but I'm not quite sure what that has to do with anything I posted ... watch out! Your birthday is coming up ...

Thursday said...

I love that they looked enough alike to be mistaken for each other--it makes for difficult differentiating in photos, but it's nice for symbolizing family closeness.

Somewhere between those very little pictures and those graduation pictures I met Adam, Sabrina's uber-sarcastic little brother who played pool with us at Calvin. Needless to say, I liked him immediately. It's good to have him in the Jones extension of my family. ;)

Happy Belated Birthday to Adam!