Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Grand Rapids Tonight

I was driving north on the 131 tonight
coming home from the nice dinner I had with
Shane and James and Dylan ...
and the sky was just amazing ...
it was twilight, that magical time when everything
you look at has an irrestible quality to it ...
As I was approaching downtown, I just HAD to get off
the expressway and snap some pictures to show you!
I cut across two lanes of traffic and exited at Pearl Street.
For you folk in Texas, this is the new Downtown Hilton
that sits on the south side of Pearl Street, right across
from the Amway Grand Hotel ...
Looking north up the Grand River
at the DeVos Place (the convention center)
Another shot looking north ...
I'm standing on the Pearl Street Bridge ...
Looking south at Bridgewater Place (left)
and the VanAndel Museum (right) ...
There are some anglers out in the river --
do you see them? Brr!
I hope they caught something!
The sky was amazing tonight ...
and darkness closed in very soon after.
I just wanted to show you Grand Rapids tonight
as I saw it ... what a pretty place!

No comments: