Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yates Cider Mill

WEDNESDAY: DAY THREE - October 31, 2007

After the traumatic events of our travels yesterday (!), Ruthanne and I decided to stay closer to home today. We really hadn't made any definite plans, and I needed to leave for Grand Rapids by about 2:00 in the afternoon so as to be home for the trick-or-treaters tonight (Mr. Jones will be at choir practice). Ruthanne suggested we go out in the country to a cider mill and enjoy the sights, so we did! We actually went to two of them. The first one wasn't in the prettiest location, but we enjoyed some hot apple cider and a fresh cinnamon/sugar donut there and then drove over to Rochester Hills to hang out at Yates Cider Mill.
YATES CIDER MILL
Water powered since 1863
It was a perfectly beautiful morning! You can watch the process of making apple cider ...
There is a wonderful trail along the Clinton River ...
so we took a nice, long walk!
The air was crisp and chilly and so refreshing!"Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I might fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God,

with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me
..." PSALM 86:11-13
I took 100+ pictures walking along the river --
but see? I've only posted just a very few!
So beautiful!
I love the shadows and the reflection ... Fall colors are a bit subdued this year ... too warm for too long!
But STILL, this is a beautiful place ...
I love these trees!
So peaceful! Quiet! Perfect!
What an amazing and awesome artist the LORD is!
My time in Detroit came to an end too soon! But it was so good to be with my sister again. We had such a nice three days together. We've decided to do it again very soon! I had a completely uneventful trip back to Grand Rapids (except I nearly ran out of gas!) -- whew! Close call! Mr. Jones had dinner waiting for me at 5:00 -- how kind of him! That's all (finally) for now with posting and pictures ... talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. I'll comment on this one! It was a beautiful day and I was blown away by my pictures and yours! The pictures are awesome. I had a great time, Carol. Thanks for posting these.

Mom Jones said...

I had a great time with you, sis! I took about 400 pictures during the time I was with you -- if you'd like, I'll put the ones of wee Matthew and you on a CD and mail them down to you ...

Also, can you explain to me the proper usage of "passed" and "past"? I looked them up in the dictionary and I'm sure I still messed them up ... thought I would ask an official teacher like you! :)