Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finally home!

After being on the road 13+ hours today, Mr. Jones and I are home. We have recklessly unloaded the van, thrown everything into either the dining room, front room, or hallway, and are headed to bed! The drive from Chaska to Belmont was entirely unremarkable and seemed to last an eternity! We had a windy/rainy/cold ... and very LONG drive!

Trip Statistics:
~ Total mileage: 4,761
~ Number of hours in vehicle: 89.20
~ Fuel economy: 26.2
~ Lowest fuel price: $2.19/gal (somewhere in Iowa)

It's always weird, emotionally, to be on this side of the trip. It's ever so much more fun to plan, anticipate, pack, look forward to all those loved ones, happy little faces, hugs and cuddles. So I'm preparing myself for a bit of a "down" time emotionally. I'm very much looking forward to some privacy and alone time to pour my heart out to the Lord, knowing above everything else how precious all of us are to Him, glad that He never slumbers or sleeps, but lovingly watches over all of us.

As for me, I'm exhausted in every way possible and ... I'm off to bed! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to add pictures to the posts from El Paso that are missing them. I have a bunch of pictures you need to see!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'm so glad to hear you are both back safe and sound. I hope that you have several days of rest and relaxing and downtime to recover from the trip. I'll be praying extra for you Mom.

Ruthanne said...

Glad you're home safely, Carol! Rest up. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi: Glad you are home safe. The
mileage, etc. information is very
informative. Thanks for including
that. We'll check for whenever the
pictures of El Paso are posted. Rest always comes FIRST.