Sunday, February 9, 2014

A few photos from Brendan's party ...

Brendan's folks had a birthday bash (with a robot/space theme) for him this past Saturday over at their house. Dylan and Kelly have a LOT of friends who have a LOT of children, and practically a TON of babies … and they all showed up! 
Baby B showing me his construction hat
that didn't go with his robot costume … but he
didn't care ...
 When I say that everyone showed up … I mean that there were dozens of folks in every room of their rather modest-sized house … and I am claustrophobic, honestly! But this isn't about me! Brendan was in all of his tiny glory … he's a very social baby.
This is Abel, Brendan's best pal and chum ...
I handmade three robot masks for Emma, Chris and Matthew to wear to the party … which they did for all of one minute (I think) and then took them off and I totally forgot to bring them back home for them to play with. They were kind of pathetic, but several people commented on them (as they laid on a side table, discarded!) and wondered where they came from and who had made them. I was careful to remain silent, not being very proud of how they turned out. I didn't even take a picture of them!
This is Kaity-girl, who showed up to the party
with Jesse and Di ~ she was a little bit overwhelmed at first
by the chaos and ALL of the children, but she did just fine.
We finally gathered in the main room to sing "Happy Birthday" to our precious robot. LAST year, this met with tearful disaster. Brendan did NOT like being the center of attention. But this year, he took it in stride ...

Brendan really really really likes candles …
he is fascinated by lights in general
 I really like these pictures of Dylan and Brendan … they are intimate and sweet … 



Kelly baked gluten-free very delicious cakes for our serious baby to enjoy ... 
Kelly and Dylan helped Brendan open his gifts ~ well, actually several small children got in on the ripping of the wrapping paper just for the pure joy of it I guess. 



Kelly, always patient and kind, just rolled with the punches showing Brendan each lovely gift. Everyone had a good time. 

My two beautiful little granddaughters … 
Emma holding Kaity like a pro ...
I didn't see all of the gifts opened up but I heard that there were many wonderful toys for Brendan to enjoy in future weeks and months. We are blessed to have you in our lives, Brendan!

PS  I measured Brendan the day after his birthday and he was just
about 33" … so his adult height should end up being
somewhere in the 5'6" range ~
which is just fine because …
he is perfectly designed by God!

No comments: