Thursday, February 6, 2014

The quiet intensity that is Brendan ...

When I found out that Brendan was coming over today, I decided NOT to get my camera out … I was simply NOT going to photograph this little fellow today! Well … that didn't last long!
It's just that he is so much fun to take pictures of … 

We watched some little birds outside the window for awhile and then Brendan picked up my rulers and went to work!

What are you thinking, Brendan?





One of the things I truly cherish about this little grand baby is his quiet intensity. He can concentrate for such long periods of time … with just one toy … or tool … or object! He examines and thinks and experiments … it's amazing to watch him. 

Brendan is not a difficult little person to entertain. He keeps himself occupied the entire time he is here with me. Now mind you, we do have music playing the whole time he is over … and he does love music … however, I think he is just an incredibly contented little person. 
We played for awhile in his mama's laundry basket … I raced him throughout the entire beach house, screeching as we turned sharp corners, etc. 

 I cannot resist this little face ...
Go Grandma, GO!
 I had been looking in the refrigerator for something to snack on. Brendan came over to show me how my refrigerator light works … he's a mechanical baby!
His fascination with lights never ends … he just goes from room to room … switching as many of them as possible. 

Brendan found three little tools used to inflate basketballs in my tiny blue drawers and played with these three red pointy objects for 30 solid minutes ... 





This HUGE smile was given to me because after trying multiple times to get him to look at me so that I could snap a picture of that darling face (and he was too intensely playing to look up), I finally changed my voice to sound like a really DEEP voice and then a really HIGH voice … and finally! He looked up and smiled!

I loved playing with you today, Brendan!

No comments: