Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow ...

I love Christina Rosetti's poem, "Midwinter" but I refuse to call this period of time BLEAK. Webster defines the word "bleak" as follows: 1. desolately barren and often windswept, 2. lacking warm or cheering qualities. 

I won't deny that the wind has been blowing … or that it has been brutally COLD … but I don't find it desolate, and I am often exhilarated by winter's beauty ~ so it is NOT cheerless. Enough said.

After shoveling snow this morning, since I was all layered up and already cold, I decided to take a quick hike up the road to Chauncey Avenue to see what I could see ... 

I actually SAW about a dozen beautiful deer just up this little road, but completely missed them with my camera … they were pretty far off in the distance anyway, and I doubt I could have captured them and done their beauty justice whatsoever. But I did enjoy the sight very much.



We have a LOT of snow … and it just keeps falling, along with the temperatures ... 













I played around with some settings on my photo program to get a few different effects … some I like, some not so much …

Thankful for a beautiful winter walk this morning ...

No comments: