Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cup stacking and other fun stuff ...

A few weeks ago I overheard a conversation between the kiddos where they mentioned "cup stacking" as a fun activity they participate in during gym class. So I thought it might be fun for us to do here as well. And … it is!

Emma was my most enthusiastic cup stacker. She had a whole bunch of different set-ups to show me that she has been learning from her teacher at school.  
But Matthew enjoyed it too! 
Christopher was far more interested in re-arranging the LEGOS in the playroom ... 

Matthew got out all of my Ed Emberley drawing books and created a very nice piece of art! 

Emma "stacked" herself in ... 





Who knew 100 paper cups could entertain for so many hours? 

In-between our cup stacking, art work, and LEGOS, we studied the story of Samson … the children colored illustrations of the story while I was telling it to them. We had such a good time interacting about what it means to follow God with obedient hearts and using the gifts God has given us throughout our whole lives to serve Him.

We also read a funny short-story before getting tucked in: "Snoring Beauty" and laughed our heads off!

Our bedtime movie this week was the 1984 version of "The Karate Kid." I hadn't seen it in over 25 years. The kids enjoyed the movie so much. I think everyone was finally sleeping at about 11:45. Such a nice time together … such beautiful grandkids!

No comments: