Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thawing … and other stuff

These first few pictures were taken Monday, late afternoon, when the snow began to fall … and didn't stop until another six inches of fresh whiteness was everywhere ...


Just 24 hours later, we were in the middle of a pretty significant thaw … and some of it was coming right INSIDE my little house! I called the snow expert around here and they sent me a few folk who climbed up on my roof with hatchets and all manner of ice removal tools and they chipped away at the ice up there for more than an hour. The water immediately stopped coming in. This is the second such incident in a matter of weeks at The Beach House. Before next winter, I think I need to invest in a roof rake!
 Today, Brendan and his mama came over. We had a nice visit while doing laundry. Brendan has had a head cold with a stuffy and/or runny nose which he finds a little bothersome.

 But we all made the best of it. None of us are really feeling quite ourselves these long days of an extreme winter around here. 
Brendan eating a "nana" today at my house
It's been raining HARD the last few hours, but it is presently too dark outside to see what exactly the rain is doing to all of our snow accumulation. I'm hoping it doesn't melt it all at once … that would really be a mess! It's supposed to be quite windy and then very cold come tomorrow. I'm counting the days enthusiastically until spring!

No comments: