Friday, November 14, 2014

A few pictures from last Sunday

The internet has been "down" at the Beach House for about one week, so I am just now posting these pictures from many days ago. Last Sunday the kiddos came over, and I had a special treat for them … a marble run! I had assembled it according to the box instructions, and it actually worked correctly! The children were so excited to try it out.

I had to set a 5-minute timer so that everyone could have some "alone" time with this new toy, because sharing was tough! Finally, when everyone had taken a turn with it as it had been built, I gave them 20-minute turns to take it apart and assemble it any way they chose. Emma, my very mechanical granddaughter, couldn't WAIT until it was her turn!



She was entirely pleased with herself during the building part of her turn and exclaimed at one point, "It's just SO FUN to discover new things, Grandma!" Yes! Yes! Yes, Emma!

This is Christopher's "say what?!!" face as he was listening to Emma's exclamations!


I was so glad to see the kiddos building and enjoying themselves with this $20 addition to our toy collection.
Matthew enjoyed making some modifications to Emma's model ...


And Christopher too ...

Oh … this random picture (below) is of my little sheep (whose name is Sarah) that usually hangs on the mirror in my car (Carleigh). However, the rope she was attached to kind of disintegrated (after almost 13 years), so I brought Sarah in my house and asked the kids to make her a new rope (out of the rubber-band loom that we've been playing with). But upon examination, Carleigh was really in need of a bath. I asked Emma if she could take care of that for me and she did a wonderful job, using Dawn Dishsoap, right in my kitchen sink. The picture below is of Sarah drying out after her very thorough bath.
Chris, naturally, had one goal in mind with the marble run: HOW HIGH could he build it without it tipping over?



Oh my word, Christopher! I love this expression on your face!
Later on in the day, we had our usual healthy dinner (a huge salad) followed by rather unhealthy ice cream sundaes.
I remembered another loom that I had put away. I got it out for Emma to make a hot plate out of. She LOVES to make things … she had so much fun doing this!

Christopher and Matthew, however, were into my odd kaleidoscope toys, using them as telescopes ...





These guys crack me up.

I love these kind of days we can spend together … I will hold the memory dear … always.


I love you, Matthew, Christopher and Emma! Thank you for spending a few hours with your grandma!

No comments: