Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving in Detroit

Mom and I spent a few days in Detroit over Thanksgiving, staying at my sister's house and enjoying time with family. 
 This is my niece, Shelley, and her husband, Bob! I love them! We actually got to see quite a bit of them while we were in Detroit this time … so thankful for that!
My sister, busy getting the huge meal together in their beautiful kitchen ... 
Terry chatting with Shelley and Bob ... 
 My great nephews, Nolan (6) and Matthew (9) making a movie using my computer's PhotoBooth. They were showing me a bunch of neat stuff with this feature on my computer, most of which I didn't even know existed.
 Nolan (sweetie), fine-tuning his video … I had a lot of fun getting to know these two boys a little bit better. They are special in every way! We did so much laughing together!
 We got to play some games together. I had never played Apples-to-Apples before. It was such a scream! We had so much fun playing a few rounds of this game together downstairs in my sister's newly renovated and beautiful basement.
We tried to get a few good pictures of mom and Ruthanne and I … but since all THREE of us hate having our picture taken, this was the best we could do. Shelley was the photographer here, and we were the rather self-conscious subjects ... 
This one is half-way decent of Ruthanne and I, except it is at the end of the day and we are exhausted … and look it! 
We got to enjoy a nice fire Friday night ... 
 Friday morning, we did a little bit of shopping over at Barnes & Noble and Home Goods, just for fun. We were not participating in the Black Friday sales or anything. We were actually just moseying around a few of our favorite stores until it was time for lunch ...
 Because we had a lunch reservation over at Just Delicious Scones! What a lovely lunch we had too! Quiche and salads and scones galore … and hot tea …. yum! What a great place to eat!
I took a picture of a picture … isn't this a great picture of Terry and Ruthanne?

No comments: