Saturday, November 22, 2014

The quiet of the SNOW

Thursday afternoon I took a brief hike over at Pickerel Lake Park because … it was calling me to come! We've had an early and rather harsh beginning to our winter, receiving some 28 inches of snow during the last few days; and even though I really really hate being cold, this beauty is just so amazing it almost makes up for the …. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

 I walked deep into the woods, following the pathway as carefully as I could because otherwise, the snow was knee deep, which made walking rather difficult.


We got just a small reprieve from the gray skies and the sun actually broke through … blue skies and everything! 

The sun didn't stay out for very long, but its coming and going made for some really interesting sky. 










I was going to just leave Pickerel Lake and go straight home; but in order to do that, I have to drive right by Townsend Park where Bear Creek meanders on through … I just had to stop and take a few quick pictures. 





Feeling very thankful that we have such an awesome God … beyond description … beyond our wildest dreams … this loving, faithful, creative God of ours!

No comments: