Monday, November 24, 2014

Our Sunday Thanksgiving celebration

This is our turkey, which browned up rather nicely … just fresh out of the oven! And look at the gravy … nearly perfect!

We had our family Thanksgiving over at Dylan and Kelly's yesterday afternoon (Sunday), because that's what worked for us! I cooked the turkey the day before, carved it up and transferred it to my crock pot for safe keeping, the gravy too, as well as the mashed potatoes and stuffing. Kelly made a beautiful and healthy garden salad and an amazingly yummy broccoli casserole, fruit, AND biscuits just like you get at Red Lobster! 

It had been nearly two weeks since I had seen my Little Fellow … he was very happy to see his Gramma Carol, but was quite sad that I hadn't brought along my "train movie." 
 Kaity-Jane was all dressed up in a pretty holiday dress ...
Oh my …. isn't she sweet?
Matthew was showing Kaity how to work this toy computer, but she wasn't really wanting his instruction! She's a tough little cookie. It was very sweet of Matthew to give it a try though.

Brendan, with his new best friend … OLAF. 

 Thankfully, I had made a double batch of those chocolate brownies. Brendan LOVES chocolate … look at his hysterical little faces while he eats them!
 Below is Brendan's "I LOVE chocolate" face ...
 Me too, sweetheart!
 We sat around the dinner table and chatted for awhile. The kiddo's table was in the other room, just around the corner ...

 Dylan and Jesse in a deep discussion ...
 This is me trying to get a good photo of Kaity-girl with her grandma … but Kaity wasn't really wanting to be in the picture!
 The kiddos played downstairs for awhile and everyone, even the big kids, took a turn on this rocking horse … goof balls!





 You guys crack me up! 
 Brendan showed me some of his favorite ornaments on their beautiful tree. Isn't he the most adorable chunky boy you have ever seen?!

Mmm … what a wonderful grandchildren and family weekend it was! So thankful to the Lord for his goodness to us.

No comments: