Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CRAZY Snow ...

The weather folk are saying this is the worst West Michigan November snow storm since 1976. I believe it! It looks and feels like mid-January! Do I still think it is beautiful?!! YES I DO. It is … amazingly so! Only God can create such stunning beauty. He is AWESOME.
The roads have been in such bad shape that I haven't traveled anywhere except to work and back (which is far enough!). I've been longing for a jaunt in the woods … but it has been seriously TOO cold and the roads too hazardous to dare a journey very far off the beaten path. 
 My front kitchen window, from inside looking out ...
The above lighthouse has been named by Brendan. This is my "Lighthouse Boat." 
And my bird feeder lighthouse on my front porch is getting snowier by the minute ... 
I took the pictures below this morning just before sunrise after I was finished shoveling myself OUT. 

And since the webcam over at Grand Haven is NOT working (and hasn't been now for almost two weeks), I've had to resort to the webcam over at Pere Marquette Beach to see Lake Michigan ... 
Screen shots are very inadequate, but they sure are better than nothing! 

Yesterday morning, the water temperature was (reportedly) 56 degrees; the air temperature was in the upper teens, and the wind gusts were 20-30 mph … hence, the lake-effect snow machine. It's still snowing tonight (Wednesday), but they think perhaps we will only get an additional two inches to our already 13. All this, and it really is STILL Autumn for four more weeks!

No comments: