Sunday, November 16, 2014

Emma's dinner theatre

For weeks now, Emma has been anticipating the dinner theatre event and her participation in the Comstock Park Middle School Choir. This last Thursday was the date!
Emma is in the sixth grade choir this year, her first year in middle school. She has enjoyed learning more about music and she really likes her music teacher too.  
We were a little bit early for the performance, so we got to hang out with Emma a little bit before she was called in to practice ... 
Little Kaity-girl was running free but allowed me to sit her in this chair for two minutes to snap her picture. 
Comically, the dinner was a "fix your own hotdog" … which isn't exactly my idea of a "dinner" !! But we did enjoy our time in the high school cafeteria and managed to get enough to eat. Here is Kaity trying to snatch my camera from me!

 The blue on Kaity's chin is from a sucker Emma had given her to eat before leaving their house.

 The performance began with, "Be Our Guest." All the grades joined together for this number.
 Emma is on the left, second row from the top ...
 The sixth grade choir sang, "My Favorite Things," as well as "Do-Re-Me" and then at the very end ...
… all of the grades joined together to sing "Give my Regards to Broadway." I'm glad I got to go and see Emma sing on this very happy occasion!

No comments: