Sunday, May 3, 2015

My First Earthquake ...

I just want to document the earthquake that was felt here in W. Michigan on Saturday, May 2, 2015. I have never "felt" an earthquake before and at the time it happened, I didn't realize that it WAS an earthquake … but it was! It registered 4.2 on the scale even.

Brendan and I had been to the zoo from about 9:45 - 11:45 am Saturday morning. We were quite tired from our happy time there and drove back to my house to enjoy a healthy lunch of fresh fruit and veggies, along with some mac'n cheese.

It was about 12:25 that we were sitting around my white round table when I heard a rumble, kind of a low roar, and my little place shook and the windows rattled for a full 15-20 seconds. I thought it was a very low-flying helicopter but since I was in the middle of feeding Brendan (which means I was busy cutting up veggies and fruit and serving these to him) and he was being such a cutie, I didn't really stop to analyze the moving and shaking of my little house.

I had Brendan until about 4:00 in the afternoon, came back home here and never listened to the news until 11:00 last night when I found out about the earthquake that happened a little bit south of Kalamazoo. THAT was why my house was shaking and the windows were rattling! THAT was the roar that I heard! Yikes. My first earthquake! And I lived to tell about it … 

No comments: