Sunday, April 10, 2016

The wonder of it all ...

The first two Saturdays in April were snow events, beautiful ones, amazing breath-taking perfection.
 I honestly do not love winter. I absolutely have no tolerance for being cold--that's really my biggest gripe, except that I don't enjoy driving on roads that are hazardous either. If it wasn't for those two things, I would find winter much more tolerable ... or say if I were a cross-country skier or enjoyed other winter sports--but I don't! 
 I will say, though, that this kind of beauty makes up for the two negatives listed above. I love what the snow does to the trees, bushes, landscape, buildings ... everything.
 God is such an amazing artist. My eyes try to take it all in ... sometimes it feels like I will burst from the joy of it ... and other times it is heartbreakingly beautiful ... almost too much to process!
 But that's the kind of God we have. He goes so much further than what we can imagine in our brains, doesn't He? 
I walked two separate places yesterday: Provin Trails Park, and some trails out in Cannonsburg NOT at Townsend Park, but other places I had never been. And actually, even at Provin Trails I took a route I had never walked before so that I could be an EXPLORER ...
 I love to explore new trails and little side trails, hills and valleys, that I have never walked before. It is exhilarating and wonderful and the smile was very huge on my face.
 Although there were other footprints in the snow, I was essentially out here all alone at 9:00 in the morning. How I wish I had made myself get outside an hour earlier. I bet I would have caught out some hoar frost. But I was too lazy! I am thankful, though, I did not delay even another minute ...
 It is not a very common thing that we get snow along with SUN but that combination is my favorite by far. Without the sun, there are no shadows, no glistening, and half the magic is lost!
 Yesterday, the shadows greeted me happily and danced their delight right along with me.
 The only thing that is lacking at Provin Trails is a creek ... a sparkling, laughing, bubbling, winding little stream that catches reflections. But I knew where I could find a nice creek for sure.
 I drove out to Cannonsburg, and instead of going to Townsend Park, I parked right in the little burg, layered up nice and warm, and hiked around some trails I had never walked. It was so much fun!
 The beauty was just astounding yesterday. And you should have heard the little birds singing. They were happy too!
 Isn't this a precious little place? I just love it.
 Such magic.
 The sky was pretty amazing yesterday too. The clouds and sun and rays ... perfect.

 I walked and walked along the creek and found some really darling places. I can't wait to re-visit them when spring decides to show up.


 I'm just going to run the rest of these pictures and let you take in "the wonder of it all." Our God is an awesome God. His artistry goes beyond anything anywhere ... and to think! He loves us, each one of us!

















"Lord Jesus, I long to be perfectly whole
I want you forever to live in my soul.
Break down every idol, cast out every foe!
Now wash me, and I will be whiter than snow!"
James Nicholson (1872)

No comments: