Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Another sleepover with Ems

We dropped the kiddos back home after our playtime here at the Beach House. We actually ate some pizza over at their house, we took Matthew to Three Mile and then Emma came back home with me. I don't actually have any pictures from Saturday night. We got ourselves in our PJ's, grabbed our favorite blankets and watched, "It's a Wonderful Life!" This is one of my all time favorite movies. Emma did very well with it, even though is a very old movie! It is always provoking to think about what the world would be like had you never been born in it as well as to wonder how many people's lives have been affected for the good or bad because of your life.

Sunday morning we went to church and LOGOS class. What a wonderful sermon and class time we had together. Emma worshiped with us. What a blessing it was to have her next to me. Such a privilege.

 Sunday, after we ate our salad, Emma helped me repair my shell wreath. Gela found this at a yard sale and thought of me and bought it for me! How sweet of her! BUT, some of the shells were falling off. I bought some hot glue and a glue gun, and since I have very little (next to none) experience with using these items, Emma repaired the entire wreath for me!
 Emma also thought if might be fun to have a marble run competition, so she got out the bin full of stuff, divided it perfectly in half, and then set my timer for 10 minutes. We had 10 minutes to design a marble run. We both finished with plenty of time leftover and then it was time to test them out. We picked out our three marbles, set them at the top, and did the countdown. We ran them three or four different times. The marbles were not allowed to jump off, and if they got "stuck" somewhere, we could not help to free them. It was a good game and we both liked it.
 Going home time always comes too quickly, but we did finally take Emma back to her house by about 3:00. Next weekend is Halloween and their family has lots going on. So next weekend, might be one without grandchildren!
Completely repaired and restored
SHELL WREATH!

No comments: