Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Penny Lane

This little fellow and I have a standing date each and every Thursday, after work at 3:30 until 7:30 or 8:00 PM. And since we get together every single Thursday night, it is something I look forward to very much.
 Brendan is an easy little person to be with. He is delighted at the most basic stuff of life. He LOVES life, LOVES people, LOVES to play ... oh, and he LOVES chocolate ice cream. So we try to include chocolate ice cream every Thursday for desert.
 Brendan's parents have a Beatles CD in their car that plays all of the favorites they were made famous for. Brendan LOVES the song "Penny Lane" and can sing all of the words. He sat at my piano (while I was playing a completely different song) and began to sing "Penny Lane" very loudly and with much joy. He has a wonderful voice, perfect pitch, and is very happy performing.
 His piano playing did not at all match the notes of the song, but he had the rhythm down very nicely and was happy just to be banging away on the keys.
 "Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes. There beneath the blue suburban skies I sit and meanwhile back ..."  Here he is pouring his little soul into his music.
 "Did you know music is happy, grandma?"
Yes, Buddy! I DO know that music is happy! 


I love this little boy--his heart, his soul, his voice, his laugh, his curiosity, humor, enthusiasm, sweetness ... 

Thank you for these lovely Thursdays, dear grandson.

No comments: