Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Kaity and then Brendan too!

Last week Monday (December 19), it was Kaity-Girl's usual afternoon here. I picked her up over at her house, we came here to The Beach House and she wore me to a frazzle (!!) for the next three hours--I say that with a smile--because if you could be a fly on the wall around here when Kaity is over, you would understand completely that I am NOT exaggerating when I say she is a bundle of energy.
About 15-1/2 years ago now, I purchased this wooden tool set in preparation for Emma's coming. It was $57.00 at the time and it was a LOT of money for me at the time. But I am so glad I bought it when I did. It is sturdy, full of activities to do, and every one of the grandchildren have enjoyed it thoroughly.

 We decided to race cars for a little while this afternoon too. We decided to beef up our track a little bit!
 We made our very own slinky tunnel!

Naturally, we had to try ALL of the Matchbox cars to see which ones could go the fastest through the tunnel and off the ramp without crashing first. That took awhile ... thankfully ... because while we were doing that, Kaity was focused to ONE activity instead of three at a time ...
 We were expecting Brendan to come over and play mid-afternoon and were looking forward to it. However, Brendan did not get dropped off until LATE afternoon. So we made the best of the time we had together. Kaity and Brendan are polar opposites--but they do just fine together and seemed to enjoy that hour that they played.




However, all good things must come to an end ... ah, until next week!

No comments: