Wednesday, August 16, 2017

HAPPY FIFTEEN, EMMA!

Townsend Park is a favorite spot for the grandchildren and for me. I have many beautiful memories here that go back 30+ years to when my boys were young and healthy and we were a family together, the boys and I. The grandchildren and I come here quite a bit. 


I try to make a card for Emma every year on her birthday. Sometimes I wonder ... how can I tell her HOW MUCH I LOVE HER? Does she understand? Does it make any difference in her life? I hope it does. We have shared a lot together, this dear granddaughter and me. My heart is very close to her.

 I gave this card to her tonight over at her house. She was getting ready to go up to the high school for the open house (I think) and have a look around at the freshman wing of the school. She is getting so grown up.


This is Emma opening up her Tree of Life ring. I'm glad she chose this ring. I'm going to share some Scriptures with her this weekend (hopefully) of where it is mentioned in Scripture. I will love doing that with her. I love this verse (above) from Proverbs 13.12: "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a TREE OF LIFE." I think she will like that too.
 Emma blew out all 15 candles while making a wish. I wonder what she wished?
I know what I am hoping for ... I am hoping, praying, longing for Jesus to return. He says he is coming soon. Perhaps He will come for us THIS YEAR. Please come, Lord Jesus. But if you are not coming this year, please have Your way in Emma's life and keep her close to You.

No comments: