Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What a wonderful surprise!

August 14:  The other day, a friend posted some pictures on Facebook about a "surprise" spot she found very close to where she lives that she NEVER knew about. This is IT!
 And I never knew about it either. I LOVE THE WOODS!!!! This dear place has been 20 minutes away for the past dozen years or so and I NEVER knew!
 So Monday morning, even with my foot and ankle still slightly swollen (!!), I slowly walked these gorgeous trails.
 God is always in the woods and streams and trees and sweet little animals ... and He speaks peace to me everywhere I walk.
Which is very kind of Him seeing that I need His presence very much. 

 There are many winding trails, some of them are boardwalks, some of them are just pathways, but everything is truly beautiful.



 The light and shadows were perfectly playing around me and I left all heartache behind ...



I will visit this place often, every single season will be thrilling ... 


I rounded a corner and took a side trail and thankfully ran into these beautiful wildflowers ... 


 Queen Anne's lace is my utmost favorite wild flower (weed) ...









 Such a great place to quiet and pour out my heart. This was such a gift to me on this difficult day. August is a hard month, always, in my life. Recent years have made it even more heart-rending.
 But God has not left me to cry alone. No. He speaks in the beauty He made. He tells me I am loved. He lets me know WHO is in charge of the big stuff and the small stuff of life.










 Certainly Paradise will have places just like this, won't it?

More later ...

No comments: