Saturday, August 19, 2017

My heart was made glad ...

August 17:  Date night with Little Fellow was NOT very outlandish or especially planned or anything; but do you know? Just about any time spent with Brendan is a sweet time. My injured foot has not been healing very rapidly, so I finally submitted to having some x-rays taken today. No broken bones--doc is wondering about some soft tissue damage and has told me to slow it down and take it easier. I based my plans with Brendan tonight on that advice.
 This is us at Schuler Books on 28th Street. I love this place. So does Brendan. Because ... what's NOT to love? Books are, naturally, everywhere. And very cool toys. And touchable displays. We like to play here because it is super cheap (i.e. FREE) and we have such a nice time together.
We probably read about a dozen books, interesting stories about first days of Kindergarten, some dinosaur stories, some picture books. This is Brendan reading to ME ... I think it is a Scooby-Do book. He is making it up as he goes, which is actually more enjoyable than the actual story. Brendan is not actually a full reader yet, although he certainly does very well for his 5-1/2 pre-Kindergarten years. 


 I also brought my Story-Cubes along. Brendan's stories were a scream. He was SO into it. I love him so much.
 At one point in his story, there were flying dinosaurs all over the world ...


 You dear, dear boy. You have gladdened my heart tonight.
 We did end up spending $4.99 for a DK Field Guide (!! like we're going to run into one while walking in the woods?) on Dinosaurs. Brendan was thrilled.

No comments: