Monday, August 21, 2017

Paradise

August 20:  It's been an unusual weekend. I didn't realize I wasn't going to have the grandchildren, but actually, I am happy for them because they had a family day on Saturday and celebrated a late birthday for Emma by going to AJ's and doing some other fun stuff. BUT, this meant that Emma did not spend the night Saturday, plus it meant that she did not go to church Sunday morning. Since I had some "free" time Sunday, I drove up to Muskegon to enjoy Lake Michigan.
 I brought my beach chair, some refreshments, a few books, my camera (naturally), and parked myself on the pier that is owned by the Coast Guard, or what used to the Coast Guard and is now NOA. I love it there. Sunday was a super busy day on the channel. SO MANY BOATS! I love boats of all kinds. And I love this little lighthouse.
 This is one of my favorite piers because it usually is not crowded, you can see both lighthouses, you can watch the boats go by, and the seagulls do amazing stuff out here.
 I'm not sure if you can see in these pictures, but there are 4 seagulls all lined up on the pier posts ...

 The time of day was just about 5:00 ... not a totally clear day ... kind of misty. Beautiful. Moody.


 I love this little building. I think, but I'm not sure, that it used to house the lighthouse keeper, but don't quote me. I'll have to look it up.




 Sailboats are my favorite. This one was so lovely, even with its sails down!




I was truly thankful for the time out here last night. What made it extra special was meeting my friends, Gail and Dan, and the wonderful time we had together. Mostly Gail and I. We took a long walk and poured out our hearts to each other. They are on a tough, difficult journey, with Dan's Parkinson's and Alzheimers. Be a Rock for them, Lord. They are exhausted. 

No comments: