Saturday, August 19, 2017

No more Monday afternoons?

Monday, August 14:  I spent a few hours with this pixie-girl today. First, we went to Meijer's to get some creamy chocolate milk (everyone's favorite). Kaity got to ride in one of those special carts that allows the child to sit on a bench behind the actual cart. Kaity doesn't do much actual SITTING on that bench, but she sure enjoys the ride. We were traveling down the "bath" aisle and picked up some Pawberry Paw Patrol bubble bath, body and hair shampoo. Kaity was in dire need of a thorough washing. She was very eager to bathe with all of the water toys and bubbles. She got squeaky clean.
Since our water fun took so much of our time today (and I can't photograph that), I don't have many pictures to post. After Kaity's bath, it took quite awhile to get a comb through her tangled hair--but we took a tiny bit at a time, sectioned her hair off, clipped it in certain places and managed to de-tangle her beautiful hair while Kaity watched a few cartoons on my computer. 
 THEN we decided to paint. It's been awhile since Kaity and I have done any painting. Kaity was very enthused today about painting. She actually (!!!) sat here at this little table with her paints and brushes and was completely INTO the experience. I loved watching her joy. I painted alongside her because Kaity likes my company I guess. I like hers too. I'm not exactly sure what cracked her up in the picture below, but something did!
 Her expressions ... and her concentration ...

Such a sweet time together. Thankful for every minute. This is our last Monday for a long time I think. Kaity starts school on the 21st. She is entering a "readiness" Kindergarten, five days per week, all day. So ... many prayers for this little one as she begins a new journey in her life. Prayers that she will be able to adjust and thrive and learn and grow and make friends ...

No comments: