Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Saturday with the grandchildren

August 12:  The children are coming over! Getting ready for them to come over is my Saturday morning-thing, and I truly enjoy it.

 We are having an early celebration of Emma's birthday this afternoon ... Here she is opening her pre-ordered, no-surprises (almost) birthday box.
 Inside, there were two LEGO sets she wanted (mostly because of a few unique items in the sets). She also ordered a Tree of Life ring, an especially pretty rose-gold and silver signet ring. So pretty (pictured way below). 

I did surprise her with two dripping candles (for sealing envelopes) and a fancy letter "E" to use with the candles. She was super pleased.
 The other kids were watching Emma open her gifts ...

 But they were less than enthused since this was not THEIR birthday. Poor ones. I pray God will teach them how to be glad for someone other than themselves some day. Each one of them struggle with so many different things. My heart is sad for them.








 Kaity-Girl and I examined the Leaf-Bug I captured and caged earlier in the afternoon. We kept him/her on my pretty front porch.
 Kaity was a bit skeptical at first, but she warmed up to this insect and got out her "goggles" (binoculars) to get a closer look.



 After I took the kiddos home, I opened up the door to this little bug house and Mr. Leaf Bug crawled out to freedom.
 I home-made a delicious cheesecake for Emma's birthday. It was not difficult to make and it was yummy.

 We sang Happy Birthday to Emma and devoured the cake.
Later, the kiddos and I were playing a game and noticed that even though it was sunny outside, it was raining! So we ran outside to have a look--perhaps there would be a beautiful rainbow!

 NO rainbow. We went back inside and played with my Story Cubes for awhile. That was super fun to watch the children make up their own stories based on the role of the dice.
 Kaity enjoyed herself hugely with this whole story thing.

We got our PETS involved in the storytelling a little bit too. Glad for this time with the children.

No comments: