Thursday, March 13, 2008

Catching up ...

Have you ever had a friend who when they walk into a room, any room anywhere, they bring sunshine in with them? Or when they smile, you can't remember why you were ever sad? Or when they speak, just the sound of their voice brings peace and comfort way down deep inside you ...

I met Karen almost 28 years ago, right after giving birth to Jesse. She came to the hospital with a card and a beautiful gift. Although the birth of Jesse was a joyous occasion, the next decade was one of the saddest times in my life . . . and Karen became my very own angel ~ I'm not sure what I would have done without her; and I have a special love for her. Our lives don't really intersect very much any more; but now and then we get together and "catch up" with what's going on in our heads, share family news, show off pictures of our grandchildren, sip some tea, and talk nonstop for hours! We did that yesterday and as usual, today I feel refreshed, stronger in faith and encouraged in my soul!

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
William Shakespeare

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I love Karen too! What a treat is was for me to nanny those kids in college.