Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's Nana's special day!

This is Nana when she was four years old ...
It's my mom's birthday today, so I thought I would do a little tribute in her honor. Last week, I was out shopping on her end of town and stopped in to visit with her and Cookie for a little while. Mom gave me a tiny picture of herself (above) that she had in a small frame and wondered if I could enlarge it for her. The quality of the original picture isn't good, so this is the best we could do with it, but I like it very much. As I look at her face as a little girl, I see a lot of different family members, but mostly my brother, Kevin. I hadn't realized before that there was such a likeness! This is the only picture she has of herself as a young child.

My mom is the mother of four, grandmother of ten, and great-grandmother of 15 (going on 16)! She has been happily married to Roy for almost a year now ~ I really think this has been the happiest year of her life! How nice is that? Mr. Jones and I are going to spend the afternoon with mom and Roy playing Scrabble or Bananagrams, or whatever else we decide to do. My sister, Ruthanne, was planning to come to Grand Rabbits (!) this weekend too, but the weather interfered and she couldn't make the trip. I'm wondering if Roy will have a birthday cake all ready ~ except Nana isn't real keen on cakes (people who eat cake are NOT thin!).
Very cute picture of Mom and Roy
when we celebrated Roy's birthday, two days after Christmas

Hoping this year brings you continued happiness!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!

Sabrina said...

I know that there is a very good chance she will never see this but great post Mom and happy birthday grandma! I called her this evening to wish her a happy birthday and she said that she had a great day.

Mom Jones said...

How nice of you to call Nana, Sabrina! :) I'm sure she was happy to hear from you.