Tuesday, March 18, 2008

From Rolla, Missouri almost to Oklahoma City, OK

Scenes around Rolla, Missouri


Mr. Jones and I traveled all day today in the rain ~ hard, pouring, unrelenting showers all day long! I did manage to take a few pictures of rain-soaked fields, swollen creeks, and even a few horses (I managed to completely miss the three llama I saw in a field); but the majority of the time, we could barely see 10 feet in any direction! We have stopped for the night just outside Oklahoma City and although I have tried three times to upload my pathetic photos, Blogger is having a tough time "recognizing" them (according to the prompt). I can't blame Blogger ~ the pictures are pretty terrible! I may try tomorrow night to insert a few pictures in this post, but if I continue to have this much trouble in the effort, I'll just have to leave the photos out!




This is exactly ALL we saw all day Tuesday! Rain, rain, rain! (I'm inserting pictures from last night after the fact). Below is a flooded field ...

And a very drenched farm ...We are thankful, though, for a safe trip thus far. We have made good time, in spite of the weather. I have been longing for WARMTH and have still yet to FEEL it! Perhaps we will see a little sunshine on our way tomorrow. We are actually heading west tomorrow on I-40 and are taking it towards Amarillo, completely through the Texas panhandle and on into New Mexico.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Speed and safe travels!
-Jessie Timmer

Sabrina said...

Hopefully you will be past the rain now and will instead see the sunshine and warmer temps. Keep safe!