Monday, March 31, 2008

Zero Day in Austin

First of all, these gorgeous flower photographs have absolutely nothing to do with what we did here today in Austin, but I just had to show you these wonderful spring colors ~ can't you just about smell the fragrance?
We had a few errands to run today, and other than that, we really didn't make any big deal plans. Mr. Jones and I had laundry to do and since we've been doing a lot of activities, we found we are rather exhausted and needed a day to rest up before traveling on to Houston tomorrow.
There is a paper store here in Austin that I purchase all of the colored card stock I use to mount my photographs and make cards out of ~ it's a really nice store called The Paper Place. I have looked on line and all over Michigan to find a store that sells the variety of paper they do ~ and the key thing for me is that all of their card stock have matching envelopes ~ but haven't found any other store! So twice a year, I budget a certain amount and stock up for six months worth of card making! Since Sabrina now lives outside of Austin, it's a little bit of a drive to go into town but since we were doing that we did a Target run and an indoor playground for the little kids, along with some lunch.
After nap time here at home, we just played around the house and Sabrina cooked up a really delicious meal of chicken parmesan with home-made rolls and salad ... yummy!
Tomorrow, all of us are meeting Nick and Rachel and children at the Oil Ranch outside of Houston. There are lots of children's activities to do there (including a train!), so we plan to spend 4-5 hours there before going on into Houston to see where Nick and Rachel have moved. Mr. Jones and I are actually going to be staying with Aunt Peg who lives 2-3 miles from Nick and Rachel's new location. So it's time again to say good-by to our little ones here in Austin. I don't think good-by's are very fun at all and I'm not very good at doing it. So my heart is heavy again tonight, but thankful for the good time we had with everyone here. Looking at these flowers cheers me up a little bit ... these pictures were taken at Sea World on Saturday ... we have made a lot of nice memories over the past five days!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Zero Day is never fun but that just means that now we can begin to countdown to the next time we see each other.