Sunday, March 2, 2008

Flowers and things ...

Yesterday was Nana's birthday. I want to show you the beautiful flowers she received from her TWO Davids. TWO Davids?!? Yes!

The first flower arrangement was sent from my brother David, who lives in Florida. Aren't they pretty? And the basket of flowers were sent by Roy's son David, who lives near Chicago. She was very pleased with both of them. I think it's funny that she has both a son and a step-son with the same name ~ even better is the fact that both of those Davids have sons named Jonathan David! The colors of these flowers were wonderful to see after looking at only black and white ... well, mostly white, these past few months ~ and certainly NO flowers! Doesn't it make you ache for spring? ~ And no smart comments from you folk in Texas who have flowers nearly year-round!
Mr. Jones and I went over to deliver our present to mom yesterday afternoon. I photographed her opening it, but it wasn't a very flattering picture, so I deleted it. I made her a card and sent it earlier in the week, but I brought over just some weird stuff I found for her at Bed, Bath & Beyond the other day. It's basically gloves for your hands and feet that you wear after applying some heavy-duty moisturizing cream. It's supposed to heal chapped and cracked hands and feet ~ that happens a lot during the winter months with the dry heat inside most houses. Also, my sister sent Nana a pretty nightgown, but I didn't take a picture of that because nightgowns are kind of a personal item don't you think?

We intended to play some games during the afternoon, but first Nana wanted to show me some pictoral church directories that Roy had from years ago. She wanted to see if I would recognize people from church by looking at a picture of them from 1967. It was pretty interesting to see what some of our friends looked like as little kids and teenagers! It was even more fun to listen as Roy would tell funny stories from years ago ... so we never did play those games, but we had a nice afternoon anyway!

See the butterfly on top of the basket of flowers? GUESS where I am going this week!?! I am going to go to Meijer Gardens and see the "Butterflies are Blooming" exhibit there. I was going to do that with my grandchildren once I was retired, but since they can't come with me, I'm going to go anyway and try to get some pictures of these beautiful creatures so that I can share them with all of you.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I would mind if spring started early for those of who live in the northern states.